Ever notice that young children these days are getting more IT savvy? My 3 year-old seems to know how to tweak my handphone better than me while other children from age 4 to 6 nowadays spend hours on their parents’ iPhone or iPad enjoying all the apps. In case you worry whether the little one are using the suitable apps on your iPhone or iPad, then check out Chris Crowell latest article at Mashable.Com. Chris Crowell is a veteran kindergarten teacher and contributing editor of Children’s Technology Review, a web-based archive of articles and reviews on apps, technology toys and video games. See the posting HERE.
Top 5 Apps For Your Kids
If you are in a hurry, I have shortened his article and the Top 5 Apps For Your Kids for this week are:
- Be There: Yosemite – Take an amazing mobile virtual reality tour of the famous Yosemite Valley using your iPhone or iPad as a magical, moveable window through this spectacular natural wonder. Click HERE to download Be There: Yosemite at iTunes. Price: $0.99. Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 5.0 or later.
- Bugs and Numbers – Make maths fun for your child. Encourage their excitement for one of life’s most critical skill sets by making it both educational and fun with Bugs and Numbers. Click HERE to download Bugs and Numbers at iTunes. Price:$2.99. Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 4.3 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
- Rita The Lizard – Based on the print book, it tells the story of a tiny lizard with an identity crisis; each page has something interesting to discover. Click HERE to download Rita The Lizard at iTunes. Price: $1.99. Requirements: Compatible with iPad. Requires iOS 4.0 or later.
- Lee Paso a Paso – Help children learn the basics to start reading Spanish. Click HERE to download Lee Paso a Paso at iTunes. Price: $1.99. Requirements: Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 5.0 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
There you have it, the top apps for kids as compiled by Chris Crowell. I hope your kids will enjoy it. Happy New Year.
– Apple iTunes Download – Top 5 Apps For Your Kids