I love online learning! Some time ago, I wrote about 20 freebies from LinkedIn Learning. Now, how would you like to learn from renowned university professors without having to rush to their lecture halls? Plus, learning at your own pace and convenience? Frankly speaking, most online courses are pretty expensive. But fret not! I am here to share with you a wonderful free online learning platform called Coursera.
My Courses at Coursera
Let me be honest – there are quizzes and assignments. So, it’s not for the faint-hearted. You do need to do some readings. And also have to achieve a certain percentage in the quizzes before you can proceed to the next topic. You may need to retake the quizzes, but that’s ok. Being busy is not a problem as Coursera offers flexible deadlines. Being lazy is. Hence, it’s necessary to focus during the lessons.
I am currently taking a course on Coursera by Prof. George Siedel. The topic is “Making Successful Decisions through the Strategy, Law & Ethics Model“. Actually, it’s supposed to take only 10 weeks. But so far, I’ve only managed to cover half within that period. Unfortunately, I couldn’t stick to the schedule as this year has proven tremendously hectic. My current career trajectory demands that I spend more time in the office. Then, whatever is left of my time is for family, health and rests, of course.
Fortunately, I can extend the deadlines. As many times as I need. I plan to complete it before Ramadhan, Insya-Allah.
The next Course that I’ve signed up for is Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills. Offered by the University of Michigan, it is also presented by Prof. George Siedel. I admit, I am being greedy and overly-ambitious. Aren’t we all?
How to Signup for Free Courses on Coursera?
You can read “A Guide on How to Sign up for Coursera Courses for Free“. I registered using my Gmail account, no sweat. And if you want more guide or options, you can get some idea HERE.
You only need to pay if you want to get the official certificates. The fee is around USD49, if I’m not mistaken.
The Many Free Courses on Coursera
Here are some of the numerous FREE courses available on Coursera (as at the date of this article) that could benefit employees:
- Career planning: resume/CV, cover letter, interview from Tomsk State University
- Successful Career Development offered by University System of Georgia
- Teamwork Skills : Communicating Effectively in Groups from University of Colorado Boulder
- How to Get Skilled : Introduction to Individual Skills Management (Project-Centered Course) from State University of New York
- High Stakes Leadership: Leading in Times of Crisis from University of Michigan
- Converting Challenges into Opportunities from University of California, San Diego
- Creative Thinking: Techniques and Tools for Success from Imperial College London
Personal & Family Financial Planning from University of Florida
- Think Again I: How to Understand Arguments from Duke University
- Introduction to Personal Branding from University of Virginia
- Sit Less, Get Active from University of Edinburgh
- Creative Problem Solving from University of Minnesota
- Introduction to Sustainability from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Inspiring Leadership through Emotional Intelligence from Case Western Reserve University
- Chinese for Beginners from Peking University
- First Step Korean from Yonsei University
- De-Mystifying Mindfulness from Leiden University
- Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential from McMaster University
I wish I could all these courses! Happy learning everyone!