Snacks are an important part of every child’s diet. They serve not only to manage hunger but also fill nutrient gaps, and improve the wellness of kids. However, preparing healthy snacks everyday can be challenging. On some days, you might run out of recipes to create healthy yet delicious snacks.
According to the dietitians at Mount Elizabeth Hospitals, here are some fuss-free snack ideas:
- Fruit and dip – Apples and peanut butter taste really amazing together.
- Bread or crackers with molten cheese – Choose whole grain crackers or bread and low-fat cheese, to make a healthy meal.
- Cereal topped with dried fruits and nuts – This is much suitable for older children younger children might choke on this.
- Egg sandwich – Go for whole meal bread and cut it into fun shapes to add fun to the meal.
At times when you can’t find any activity to engage your kids, you should always involve them in the preparation of their snack. This proves to be a great pastime which not only takes care of their hunger but also educates them.
Moreover, it’s a great bonding activity for the parent and children.
Here is a list of are 5 fun dietitian-approved recipes which you can easily prepare with little help from your kids.
1. Ricotta blueberry banana crackers
2. Fruit yoghurt parfait
You can also freeze the snack after step 5 and then top it up with cornflakes for that satisfying crunch.
3. Oven-roasted sweet potato wedges
4. Fruit pizza
You can use chilled fruits to beat the heat on a hot afternoon. You can even replace the toppings as per your preference.
5. Fruit pops
All the recipes listed above are highly customizable. You can replace any ingredient as per your personal taste. A wonderful snack time can be achieved simply by exercising some patience and creativity. A healthy snack time will ensure that your child is healthy and happy.
The inspiration for this article has been taken from Health Plus Section, a source of credible health information by Mount Elizabeth Hospitals, Singapore.